Who are we?
What information do we collect?
Most of the information we collect is information provided directly by you. This may include:
- contact information – information such as name, job title, company name, department, email address, physical mailing address, telephone number, user name
- professional information – job description and related information such as job function or the position to which a job function reports within the company; company details, like size or number of employees; professional or trade publications to which you subscribe and related trainings attended
- account registration data – to register for an Akselos User Account, which is required of certain products and services, we will collect your contact information (including a unique username), certain professional information, and a unique password, which may be paired with an activation code specific to the license(s) you’ve purchased
- license fulfillment and verification information – for certain products and services, we may collect and pair a device ID together with your Akselos User Account or registered email address in order to manage active licenses assigned to your account; license verification may require us to compare this device ID and account data against active licenses using an internet connection to your device, both at activation and as part of a regular refresh function for subscription-based licenses (more details can be found in the license terms and product descriptions for individual products and services)
- information related to providing support for our products- when you contact us for support related to the Services, you may provide us your contact information, device or product IDs, and logs of your use of the licensed product (which may include IP address and/or other device identifiers, location data, and usage data pertaining to when and how you use the product)
- data analytics – when you use our products, certain deidentified analytics data, such as feature usage, license usage information, and error information, may be communicated back to us for product improvement purposes; for some products, you will need to expressly opt-in to collection of analytics data in order to receive additional offerings, such as insights into your usage of licensed products and to assist with troubleshooting for customer support
We may also collect and process information obtained through the Site or the device you are using, including:
- location information (including GPS signals sent by a mobile device, location information gathered from social media networks or sensor or IP address data from your device);
- information from cookies, web beacons or from the internet, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, which pages you visit within our website and referring website addresses;
- using third party e-mail servers to send and track receipt of communications, and analyze the pattern of those communications for trust and security purposes as well as to gather data, such as enquiry data, to assist us in better understanding our business.
Finally, we may use publicly accessible information to verify information we are provided with and to manage and expand our business.
How do we use your information?
- to provide the information, services or support your request and related after-sales services;
- to identify you, and to contact you from time to time with product or service updates;
- to send other messages that are useful to the service we provide;
- to manage our relationship with you and to carry out any related administration;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- to promote our services, or the services of our partners, including via email and social media platforms;
- to compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- to carry out research, including market research, statistical research on site traffic, sales and other commercial information to assist us in improving the services we provide to you and tailor the Site.
- to evaluate your application to work with us.
Who may use your information?
We may disclose your Personal Data to enforce our policies, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interests of security, public interest or in response to requests by law enforcement, regulatory or government authorities in any country where we have entities or affiliates. We may also disclose certain Personal Data in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, security, people and other legitimate rights or interests as allowed by law.
Delivery of the Services:
For use by partners:
We may share your Personal Data:
- with companies in our group and/or our affiliates;
- with resellers, distributors and/or channel partners for our products; or
You may access an Akselos site or portal through a hyperlink from the website or advertisement of one of our trading partners. If so, certain Personal Data, such as general purchase information and details about how you use our site, may be shared with this trading partner to analyze and improve delivery of services and marketing initiatives.
During an acquisition:
If we or any part of our group is sold, or some of our assets transferred to a third party, your Personal Data, as a valuable asset, may also be transferred to such third party. Our customer database could be sold separately from the rest of the business, in whole or in part. Potential purchasers and their advisors may have limited access to Akselos company data that includes Personal Data as part of the sale process. However, use of your Personal Data will remain subject to this Privacy Notice. Similarly, your Personal Data may be shared with a successor in interest in the unlikely event of a liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings.
Third party links and services
The Site may contain links to third parties’ websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those links or websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.
The servers used by third-party sites, including social media sites, may not be secure. Despite reasonable security measures taken by Akselos and its partners and third-party service providers, use of the internet is not secure and unlawful or unauthorized access to private transmissions or data is possible.
How do we protect your information?
In considering the types of data we collect and the data activities we undertake in delivering products and services, we have implemented reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful access to your Personal Data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by Akselos in delivery of the Services reduce our potential vulnerability to a level appropriate to the types of data processed.
In addition to the security measures we have put in place to protect our user database, it remains your responsibility to protect your Personal Data by taking the following steps:
- where you have established an Akselos User Account, protect your unique password and username and do not use the same access credentials for other sites and services;
- ensure that you log out of your Akselos User Account when not using it;
- do not use unknown or unsecured Wi-Fi or shared access connections to enter or transmit Personal Data, including passwords and other access credentials;
- maintain good internet security, such as by promptly notifying us if you believe your Akselos User Account or any accounts you’ve linked to your Akselos User Account have been compromised; and
- as with most information shared on the internet, please remember that information you share on the Site, such as by commenting on a blog post, may be indexable by search engines, including Google, which may mean that the information is made public. Do not post confidential or sensitive data while using Akselos sites or any of our Services.
Where is your information processed?
Your Personal Data may be processed and stored on our servers or on the servers of our third-party service providers, in the United States or other countries where we or our service providers do business. This means that when we collect your Personal Data, we may transfer and process this data in any of these countries, including countries other than the country in which you reside. While your Personal Data may be transferred to countries with data protection laws that differ from those that apply in your country, and in some cases may be less protective, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data is protected in compliance with applicable data protection law and this Privacy Notice. We have implemented appropriate safeguards, including contractual obligations as required by law, with our third-party service providers and partners with whom we share Personal Data.
The Site and Services do not use technologies that respond to ‘Do-Not-Track’ signals communicated by your internet browser.
As outlined above, we (or in some cases third parties) may use your information to send you marketing information in accordance with any marketing preferences you have selected when providing your information. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications at any time by the following means:
1. Contact us at [email protected] with “REMOVE” in the subject line; or
2. Follow the instructions included in each communication or newsletter.
Please remember that if you change your preferences, it may take a short time for those preferences to become effective. By opting out of marketing communications, you will still continue to receive communications (including emails) related to your User Account and the Services, including product updates, trainings, and communications related to billing, maintenance, and support.
How long do we keep your information?
Data Subject Rights
You have the following data protection rights, as may be amended from time to time by applicable law:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of the Personal Data we retain about you, you can do so at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
- If you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your Personal Data, request that we restrict processing of your Personal Data, or request portability of your Personal Data, as outlined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. You may make any request under this section by contacting us at [email protected]
- If we have collected and processed your Personal Data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance upon lawful processing grounds other than consent (such as processing based on Legitimate Interests).
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How do you contact us?
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.