Establishing FPSO integrity through structural digital twin technology
- Akselos empowered Shell’s engineers, from unlocking 20 years of asset life expectancy for their North Sea Platform to an industry validation of Akselos’ 48-hour digital thread workflow.
- Akselos digital twin provides 100x more detail than the Shell Bonga FPSO digital twin.
- Reduced basis finite element analysis (RB-FEA), Akselos proprietary algorithm, provides 1000x speedup compared to traditional Finite Element Analysis.
- Akselos implemented a digital thread workflow for the Shell Bonga FPSO that incorporated sensor and inspection data into the Digital Twin model.
- Akselos Digital Twin minimises inspection cost, identify critical integrity hotspots, reduce maintenance cost and extend the life of the Shell Bonga FPSO.
MORE ABOUT THIS WEBINAR
Structural digital twins are being used to revolutionise asset integrity management for the upstream oil and gas industry. Hear about the world’s largest, physics-based digital twin for the Shell Bonga FPSO in action, led by our CTO, Dr David Knezevic and industry veteran Mat Podskarbi.