VP of Product Marketing – Boston, USA OR Lausanne, Switzerland
Akselos is seeking an experienced individual with outstanding marketing and product-oriented skills for
the position VP of Product Marketing, based in Switzerland or the USA.
The role will have overall responsibility for best-in-class execution of customer value. This involves
positioning of our products and their benefits to the engineering community. You will help generate new
business and drive sales by building product marketing strategies and customer value propositions, and
executing effective, tactical activity that transforms complex subject matter with powerful story telling.
Ensuring actual customer adoption and potential for upsell. Being responsible for the full cycle of
customer value ensures a continued outside-in mindset, focused on what customers (will) need rather
than on what we can give them.
The successful candidate will have a background in product marketing, specifically in the software and
energy sectors, and will be extremely comfortable communicating with engineers in a very technical
landscape. You’ll work closely with the sales and technical teams to drive revenue generation and
product development, and have an essential role in improving our offering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for customer value
- Market business drivers and needs
- Marketing and product value proposition
- Revenue models and pricing
- Overall responsibility for marketing and customer value resources and budgets
- Manage global and regional marketing and customer value teams
- Build and implement product-oriented marketing strategies
- Conduct frequent qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Develop annual marketing plans and campaigns for current or upcoming products
- Monitor, measure and report on all marketing progress and results
- Work closely with the company marketing communications agency to support corporate
- Work closely with the sales and commercial team to support the lead generation activity
(required to meet Akselos’ annual revenue goals)
- Work closely with our product marketing and internal marketing department to build projects.
- Leverage unique and concise storytelling to demonstrate how our products and solutions are
unrivalled and will add value
- Conduct benchmarking against internal growth goals and external trends and maintain a
competitive fact base; including competitor successes, product offerings, positioning, price
structure etc. Include customer alternatives to getting their job done, beyond direct Akselos
- Provide market intelligence and analytics on targets, prospects, competitive landscape and presales consumption behaviour etc. as well as actual business value delivered to customers (KPIbased)
- Project management – work with industry marketers, sales, customer success teams, and
product managers to ensure initiatives and new releases are launched effectively and on-time.
- Ensure regular and structured feedback loop into Development and Engineering
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Related degree in marketing or an engineering field (MBA beneficial but not required)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in marketing with a focus on B2B software sales in the energy
- Demonstrable experience in engineering and technology
- Strong communications skills in English and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment surrounded by a team and/or independently
- Excellent at managing a deadline driven workload with multiple threads
- Highly developed problem-solving skills and the ability to conduct sophisticated analysis that
can be translated into easily digestible insights
Please forward a CV/resume with a covering letter to [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest.
We will only contact selected candidates to continue in the selection process.